April 22, 2020
In the interest of public health and safety Imperial has taken a proactive stance in dealing with the potential spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19).
Health & Safety
Keeping our associates and our customers safe is our top priority and we are employing several measures to support their continued well-being. These include:
- We are continually reinforcing CDC Illness Prevention Guidelines to all associates. We have directed all associates not to report to work if they have symptoms that are consistent with CDC guidance and to contact a medical professional. We are instructing all associates to comply with CDC guidelines if the associate is returning to the United States from countries identified by the CDC as having widespread sustained transmission.
- Our Human Resources team is working closely with all branch locations to provide oversight on these protocols, including return to work decisions.
- We have implemented enhanced cleaning procedures and are providing additional sanitation products to all locations.
- We have eliminated visitors at all locations.
- Employees working remote when available.
- We have enacted business travel and event attendance restrictions aimed at limiting travel, attendance at large events and in-person meetings when alternatives are available.
Imperial’s Pandemic escalation planning
- Updates to our plan will be posted on this page when changes occur.
- Imperial Facilities:
- Visitation questionnaire prior to entering building (Implemented)
- Disinfection procedures- Increased frequently touched/high-hand contact surfaces in facility (Implemented)
- Social distancing
- Facility lockdown- employees only (implemented)
- Employees social distancing (6 feet away)
- Imperial Employees:
- CDC guidelines/precautions for sick employees (Implemented)
- Driver/Tech Equipment Sanitizing process in high touch areas- (Implemented)
- Employee temperature evaluation process/Food Manufacturing (Implemented)
- Manufacturing /Driver/Employee positive Covid-19 process (not implemented)
- Backup Fresh Food Production plan (not implemented)
- Below are answers to some frequently asked questions related to Covid-19.
- Has Imperial had a case of Covid-19? Yes, we are monitoring all our locations and abiding by the CDC guidelines on contact tracing and exposure.
- What action is Imperial taking? • As part of our emergency and crisis preparedness plans, Imperial has a team that meets to addressing immediate and emerging concerns related to Covid-19. This team is closely monitoring the situation, assessing risks and potential mitigation efforts, developing supply chain contingency plans and managing communication needs. As the health and safety of our associates is of the utmost importance, we continue to reiterate and support CDC Coronavirus prevention and travel advisory guidance.
- Should I be concerned about product disruptions for products coming from Imperial? We are in contact with suppliers and our operations and are receiving ongoing updates related to potential labor and logistics considerations. Today, we have experienced minimal disruptions and continue to review contingency plans should they be needed.
- Should I be concerned about the safety of products coming from Imperial? • The CDC has stated that they do not have any evidence to suggest that animals or animal products imported from China pose a risk for spreading COVID-19 in the United States. [Source: CDC] • FDA has stated that, at this time there is no evidence that food or food packaging have been associated with the transmission of COVID-19, no evidence to support transmission of COVID-19 associated with imported goods, including food and drugs for humans and pets, and there have not been any cases of COVID-19 in the U.S. associated with imported goods. [Source: FDA] • We will continue to monitor CDC guidance and will comply with all recommendations. In addition, it is important to remember that products shipped or delivered by Imperial and its vendors must adhere to all applicable laws and regulations, including applicable food safety and quality requirements set by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Federal and Drug Administration (FDA) and other applicable government agencies for imported products.
- What is Imperial doing to plan for potential changes in product availability as the virus spreads in the United States? • We manufacture our food with the highest sanitation and employee safety processes in place. We continue to monitor updates and address contingency plans as applicable.
- How can Imperial meet our delivery requirements? We understand that you may have business or delivery requirement changes during this unprecedented situation, and we will work with you to make adjustments wherever we can. Please alert your Imperial representative if you need to adjust your delivery instructions to reduce human interactions. If you are requesting that Imperial drivers submit to temperature screenings or complete health questionnaires, we will review your request with the driver and confirm whether he or she is comfortable with the request. In the unlikely event the driver is not comfortable with providing their health information; rest assured we will make alternate arrangements.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Imperial has begun issuing and requiring a mask at customer facilities as well as our production site. As the availability of a specific mask type such as N-95 masks are in short supply, Imperial at this time does not have access due to our rank in medical importance. We currently require a face covering as part of the safety protocol.
Please be assured that our top priorities are the health and safety of our employees and our customers, as well as maintaining a high level of service to you, our valued customer. As the situation evolves, we will continue to modify our plans as needed to deliver on those priorities.
Visit the CDC website for up to date information @ https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/share-facts.html
Your help in keeping our families safe is greatly appreciated.
Michael Dry-Director of Food Safety / Manufacturing Contact me: email@example.com